Why Choose Us?
Outstanding Results at Ferndown Upper
After receiving the highest A Level results in Dorset for the last two years (combined A Level and Applied General value added scores), Ferndown Upper students have achieved another excellent set of results.
In 2019, 35% of students received the top grades of A* or A and with 100% of students passing.
- Outstanding results for STEM subjects, particularly Mathematics, where 85% of students received grades A*-B, 100% for Further Maths.
- The Creative Arts achieving 100% A*-B for Textiles and 90% A*-B for Fine Art.
- Fine Art is the highest at Ferndown Upper School is the highest performing course in Dorset.
- Mathematics achieved an ALPS grade of 1, putting it in the top 1% of all schools nationally, this means our Maths department is the best in Dorset.
- Sociology is also rated as the best course in Dorset.
- Our vocational subjects also performed very highly (Childcare and Education, Sport, Media and HSC), scoring a Value Added score of +0.70, which means every student performed almost a grade better than predicted by the government.