Childcare and Education Level 3
Careers, college or university courses that this qualification may lead to, include:-
- Teaching – mainstream or specialist schools
- Social worker
- Specialist Healthcare
- Child Psychology
- Teaching Assistant
- Pre-School practitioner
- Nursery practitioner
- Au Pair
Minimum course entry requirements:
4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, ideally including English and Maths is ideal however there may be some flexibility.
An interest/passion for working in careers involving children or in child development is key to course success.
This fulltime course is equivalent to 3 A Levels and up to 168 UCAS points
It provides a route to a host of career and university options.
We offer the latest NCFE CACHE Technical level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education course. Students on our Level 3 Childcare and Education course have achieved excellent results, and ALL students have gained their qualification to date.
- There are no exams to undertake – The course is worth 3 A Levels, students do not need to pick any other subjects.
- Students build knowledge – understanding and skills through mandatory units, which are both internally assessed, and externally set and marked pieces of course work.
- In-school study – Students spend 3 days each week in Sixth Form – Students learn through a range of different teaching strategies, including class discussion, group work, independent study task and research.
- Placement – Students attend placement 2 days a week – Through the valuable ongoing work experience in a number of different settings, students are able to gain practical application of their knowledge and make informed decisions about their career path.
Students develop their academic writing skills, their critical analysis and evaluation abilities, as well as a wealth of valuable work experience from their ongoing placement opportunities.
- Entering a profession as Early Years Educators working with young children following Sixth Form.
- Access to higher education for a variety of courses/careers with children e.g. Teaching or Nursing.